Thursday, April 1, 2010

Organization Tips: Show us your life

I am participating in Show us Your Life over at Kelly's Korner today.

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner


I am not the most organized person, that is for sure. But, I am organized when it comes to scheduling. My blackberry and planner go with me almost EVERYWHERE. I use my blackberry to schedule important meetings. The calendar alarm is a great way to make sure you are always on time! Everything else goes into my planner. I panic if I cant find my planner. I swear my whole life is in it!


These are my tips for home organization:


(1) Mail- When Brian and I first got married I quickly became annoyed with mail landing all over the house. So, I purchased a nice organizer to go beside our refrigerator. I sort through the mail immediately, throwing all the "junk away." Then, I put the important stuff in the mail organizer. This one is not mine but you can get the idea.




(2) Seasonal Gear and closet organization- I love my walk-in closet. Its probably the reason I chose this house. Well, okay. I chose the house because of the master bathroom but the closet was a close second. I purchased several of these to store our seasonal gear.

One is stuffed with bathing suits, towels, goggles, etc.... The others have ski bibs, snowboarding pants, under armor, gloves, hats and all that good stuff...

I also have one of these for my belts, Brian's ties and now all my scarfs. I love this thing! The great thing is that you can see everything hanging and don't have to waste precious morning minutes searching for that perfect belt or scarf.



2 comments: