Friday, April 30, 2010

Derby Days


The hats, the dresses, the parties... For those of you who don't know, in some parts of the country the first Saturday in May is way more imporant than the 5th of May. It's the long awaited Kentucky Derby --"the fastest two minutes in sports."

My dad grew up in Louisville so of course the Derby is extra special to him. I have actually never been to the Derby, but it is on my bucket list (wow, i really need to do a post on my bucket list). As a kid, I went to lots of races when I visited my grandparents in Louisville. The last race I went to was in 04, Brian and I were dating at the time and he got to come with me. Since I have been in school every May for the last 20 years, I have never made it to the Derby. Maybe next May I should go since it will be my first not in school.

I really like horse races. My husband would say its because its the only sport that can keep my attention as each race lasts two minutes. But I think my favorite part is the HATS. Sure the spring dresses are precious, but oh something about those big hats with even bigger flowers, bows and feathers just make me happy! (sigh...)


Maybe I will have to take a quick break from cramming for my elder law exam tomorrow and watch the race...

TTFN,
Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment