Saturday, April 10, 2010

Barrister's Ball (aka Law School Prom)

Some of my favorite Ladies.. Lindsey, Tara and my trial partner this semester Alex



In celebration of the winding down of the school year, my law school hosts a Barrister's Ball for students and alumni. I went my first year and decided that since it was my last year I should go again and live it up one last time...



The hubs and I (he was such a sport last night!)





Brian had the fabulous idea to spend the night downtown Charlotte at the Westin Hotel. It was so nice. We really enjoyed getting away for a night. I tried to take a picture of the view from our room, but it didn't turn out. Downtown Charlotte's skyline at night is so beautiful. I grew up about 45 minutes from Charlotte and I was always fascinated as a child when we were in the city at night. It felt like another, more elegant world, compared to my simple life.



The Barrister's ball was great! I had soooo much fun dancing! Did I mention I LOVE TO DANCE!!!! Seriously, it just makes my heart happy. I think its one of the best ways I know how to loosen up. But, bless my heart I married a man with no desire to get anywhere near a dance floor. We agreed when we were dating that I could dance and he didn't have to. It makes us both happy and just works for us.


Kerry and I


Last night it really hit me that I am about to close another chapter in my life. The last three years have been some of the toughest of my life, but part of me will miss it. There is something comfortable about being in school-- I know how to be a student, and I am kind of good at it. This whole "real world" thing scares me a little. I have made some great friends over the last three years and have learned so much not only about the law, but about myself and life.



Lindsey, Me, Laura and Adrienne
This is my mentee Rachel, isn't she precious?


Congrats J.D. Class of 2010... We are almost there!


1 comment:

  1. I love your dress! This makes me laugh about Brian because I know how much he hates to dance!

    ReplyDelete