Wednesday, April 7, 2010

bye, bye blackberry

Last Thursday my blackberry breathed its last. I went to Verizon within 5 minutes of it dying and ordered a new one (seriously, no exaggeration). I wasn't sure how I was going to get by without my phone. My replacement phone was suppose to come in yesterday and of course did not.

At first, I was so stressed out-how was I going to survive 5 days without it? But, actually I have enjoyed not being connected to the world of email 24/7. My professors and classmates know I have a blackberry and generally expect an almost immediate response. It's my fault because I normally respond within minutes because if I don't deal with stuff immediately I am more likely to forget. Responding immediately just works for me. However, I have really almost enjoyed not being accessible 24/7. Its been peaceful.... (except when I log on my email only to find 30 emails calling my name...)

I guess I have a love/hate relationship with my blackberry. Being "blackberry-less" the past few days has been a good lesson that I need to take time and turn off all the noise in my life and focus on the things that really matter...

No comments:

Post a Comment